"Archetype" is a term which refers to a group of cards who share a same card name, and also includes support cards that specify that card name. Cards can also be members of multiple archetypes.
Some archetypes can have enough members to build a full deck entirely designed around them and in some cases even require that most of the deck to be built around it, while others act more as support to other deck types.
In order for a group of cards to be considered an archetype, they must meet 2 criteria:
- There must be at least 2 members and all must include a common name.
- There must be at least 1 support or anti-support card that specifically affects that archetype.
These cases shouldn't be confused with archetypes:
- An effect that says "card named CARDNAME" only affects the card listed, for it to be considered support/anti-support for an archetype, the correct sentence should be "with CARDNAME in its card name".
- Attributes in which all members share a name (such as Armorknight and Dragon Knight), as their support cards only affects the attribute mentioned within "《》" not the name. The same case for traits.
- English translations or misprints don't count.